The primary purpose of this role is to deliver robust Voyager data platforms, desktop and web-based product solutions, internal business management solutions and associated backend service applications using the latest available technologies. You will be responsible for the full development life cycle process from technical analysis design, development, integration and testing, deployment, modification and maintenance.
• Responsible for the design, development, modification, maintenance, testing and deployment of all Voyager data platforms, external web-based client product solutions, internal web-based business management solutions and associated backend service applications.
• Responsible for associated solution design specification and documentation.
• Develop fully integrated back-end to front-end solutions.
• Design, develop and maintain SQL database solutions associated to data driven web solutions.
• Develop to high quality coding standards.
• Responsible for maintaining project version control, coding standards, branching and deployment.
• As part of the full development life cycle you will be responsible for GUI Testing, Functional testing, White box testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
• Maintain and develop a thorough and up-to-date working technical knowledge of digital solutions and the Voyager product suite.
• Maintain a detailed technical understanding of our products, systems, technologies, architecture and data sets.
• Provide advanced technical support escalated from the development support team for all Voyager systems, solutions and data sets.
• Scope and define detailed product backlog item descriptions that feed into sprint planning.
• Provide effective technical analysis, design requirements and relevant documentation.
• Using appropriate tools to define and communicate the required solution. These may include user journeys, prototypes and wireframes.
It should be noted that the above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post.
• A-Level Maths & English or GCSE equivalents
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent level of experience.
• 3 years’ experience in developing web or desktop solutions
• Maintain an active interest and understanding of current and new development tools, technologies and techniques.
• High level of technical expertise, having been gained from developing fully integrated back-end to front-end solutions
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of RESTful API
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of version control systems such as GIT, SVN & TFS.
• Good working knowledge and understanding of SQL database/data driven solutions.
• Strong SQL Database design and programming skills.
• Working within an Agile framework
• GIS mapping development experience
• Automated Testing Experience
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of Docker
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of project management tools such as VSTS DevOps.
• Demonstrate forward thinking and innovative ideas.
• Ability to provide a flexible, logical and analytical approach to data driven solutions.
• Ability to work as part of a team working on multiple projects or autonomously as required.
• Flexible approach to dealing with ever changing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to deliver every time to high quality coding standards – time, cost, quality, efficiency and value.
• Clear, concise and confident communicator with both internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to provide estimated timescales on various project related tasks ensuring the development team is adequately resourced.
You’ll never be too young or old for the role, because we value your experience and capability most.
To apply please click here.
About Voyager Worldwide
Voyager Worldwide is a leading global maritime technology company, formed with the integration of Cornes Charts, Global Navigation Solutions and Safe Navigation, three leading players in the industry. We provide automation and data intelligence solutions to help the global maritime industry to streamline processes, unlock insight and boost productivity, safety and cost-effectiveness.