GNS announces release of three new Voyager HUB applications
GNS, the maritime technology company, has, today, announced the launch of three (3) new applications in Voyager HUB, it’s easy to deploy, easy to use software platform that enables crews to access and use a wide variety of marine software tools in one place.
• Voyager ROUTE EXCHANGE works with GNS’s Voyager FLEET INSIGHT online service to enhance shore-based vessel monitoring and control
• Free Voyager HEALTH CHECK improves PC performance and cyber security on board
• Voyager GPS OVERLAY allows real time vessel position to be displayed in Voyager PLANNING STATION for additional ECDIS back up
Voyager ROUTE EXCHANGE
With Voyager ROUTE EXCHANGE, GNS continues its rapid pace of delivering major advancements and new levels of insight for shore-based executives. Using Voyager ROUTE EXCHANGE, shipmanagers can monitor vessel position against planned routes in near real-time to enhance situational awareness and improve vessel security. The service is free of charge to companies subscribing to the Voyager FLEET INSIGHT Navigation Management service.
Voyager ROUTE EXCHANGE provides:
• Secure route file storage and sharing for your fleet
• Near real-time monitoring of vessel position against planned routes
• Improved situational awareness and enhance vessel security
• Ability to save and share routes created in any ECDIS as well as Voyager PLANNING STATION
Voyager GPS OVERLAY
The new Voyager GPS OVERLAY tool displays live vessel position on ENCs in Voyager PLANNING STATION to improve situational awareness and provide an extra e-navigation backup on the bridge.
Voyager HEALTH CHECK
When an onboard PC starts to act up or run more slowly than usual, it usually means something is wrong. The new Voyager HEALTH CHECK app helps keep PCs running smoothly by detecting virus and malware threats, scanning the Windows system for potential issues and keeping hard drives clean.
• Optimise speed and performance – Voyager HEALTH CHECK monitors processes and boosts performance by cleaning the Windows registry and defragging your PC
• Update easily – Voyager HEALTH CHECK identifies the things you need and helps you download them to improve your PC performance
• Increase security – Keep your computer safe. Voyager HEALTH CHECK removes malware and cleans your Internet privacy files
Voyager HUB connects with Voyager CLOUD using an encrypted and controlled connection to exchange and share information more securely. Data transfer is optimized to minimize file sizes transfer costs. Vessels may also use email if they prefer.
These new Voyager HUB applications will be available from today as a free software update for all existing Voyager HUB users and as a free download from the GNS web site for shipping companies and vessels worldwide. Voyager HUB is also available on USB on request from GNS offices worldwide.
To find out more information about Voyager HUB and the suite of applications we can offer, click here.