We're recruiting for a Software Developer. Interested?
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver robust Voyager data platforms, desktop and web based product solutions, internal business management solutions and associated backend service applications using the latest available technologies. You will be responsible for the full development life cycle process from technical analysis design, development, integration and testing, deployment, modification and maintenance.
• Responsible for architectural, solution design specification and documentation.
• Responsible for the design, development, modification, maintenance, testing and deployment of all Voyager Worldwide data platforms, external desktop client product solutions, internal desktop and web-based business management solutions and associated backend service applications.
• Develop fully integrated back-end to front-end solutions.
• Design, develop and maintain SQL database solutions associated to data driven desktop & web solutions.
• Provide technical analysis and design requirements and documentation.
• Develop to high quality coding standards.
• As part of the full development life cycle you will be responsible for GUI Testing, Functional testing, White box testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
• Maintain and develop a thorough and up-to-date working technical knowledge of digital solutions and the Voyager product suite.
• Maintain a detailed technical understanding of our products, systems, technologies, architecture and data sets.
• Provide advanced technical support escalated from the development support team for all Voyager Worldwide product solutions, systems and data sets.
• Scope and define detailed technical product backlog item descriptions that feed into sprint planning.
• Provide effective technical analysis, design requirements and relevant documentation.
• Using appropriate tools to define and communicate the required solution. These may include user journeys, prototypes and wireframes.
• Complete any other task as assigned by the Head of IT Development.
It should be noted that the above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post.
• A-Level Maths & English or GCSE equivalents
• Educated to Degree level or equivalent level of experience.
• 3 years’ experience in developing C# .Net based solutions
• .Net Framework experience (e.g. Entity Framework, LINQ, WPF, WCF)
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of WPF, WCF, MVC, MVVM, XAML
• Maintain an active interest and understanding of current and new development tools, technologies and techniques.
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of SQL database/data driven solutions.
• Strong SQL Database design and programming skills.
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of version control systems such as SVN, TFS & GIT.
• Unit Testing and Automated Testing Experience
• High level of technical expertise, having been gained from developing fully integrated back-end to front-end solutions
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of REST API services
• Working within an Agile framework
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of Docker
• GIS mapping development experience
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of project management tools such as VSTS DevOps.
• Demonstrate forward thinking and innovative ideas.
• Ability to provide a flexible, logical and analytical approach to data driven solutions.
• Ability to work as part of a team working on multiple projects or autonomously as required.
• Flexible approach to dealing with ever changing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to deliver every time to high quality coding standards – time, cost, quality, efficiency and value.
• Clear, concise and confident communicator with both internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to provide estimated timescales on various project related tasks ensuring the development team is adequately resourced
You’ll never be too young or old for the role, because we value your experience and capability most.
To apply please click here.