New VOYAGER release from GNS brings digital navigation to new level of availability
New VOYAGER 7.2 release from GNS features ebook reader, fully integrated digital publications and complete ECDIS, PC and software subscription options.
GNS has released an upgrade to its popular VOYAGER navigation solution, offering substantial added functionality together with hardware and software subscription options which make digital navigation convenient and affordable than ever.
The new release features an ebook reader, fully integrated digital navigational publications from Witherby and Admiralty and a monthly subscription option that includes ECDIS hardware, standalone PC, navigational software ENCs and other data at the incredibly affordable starting price of just $400 per month.
The new GNS bundle comprises the SEALL touchscreen ECDIS, all ENCs the vessel needs to sail safely and compliantly as well as a cyber-safe PC and Voyager navigation software for ‘back of bridge’ route planning, compliance and inventory management and online updating. Customers can also include GNS Voyager Open Permit Pay as you Sail (PAYS) solution and/or a second back up ECDIS, a full range of digital publications or even a GNS ‘get-me-home’ paper chart folio.
“For many, VOYAGER has become an essential navigation hub for managing and demonstrating compliance, downloading products and services, obtaining port information and protecting assets from piracy,” said Capt. Mike Bailey, GNS Head of Products. “Mariners appreciate the clear and simple interface, one-click tools for everything from downloading updates and to renewing subscriptions, and the full screen ENC viewer for planning routes, checking the Admiralty Information Overlay and displaying port information.”
Designed for unmatched simplicity and ease of use, VOYAGER is one of the world’s fastest-growing navigation software solutions, with hundreds of vessels around the world signing up every month to take advantage of its integrated navigation software, fixed-price ENC bundles and Open Permit PAYS services.
Voyager 7.2 Innovations
- An eBook reader provides fast access to a Technical library of over 600 digital Witherby titles including the full range of IMO, Intertanko, SIGTTO publications and many more with complete freedom to tailor the inventory to vessel and company requirements
- Admiralty Digital Publications volumes 1,3,4 and 5 have been fully incorporated completing the integration of the UKHO’s popular digital publications series in VOYAGER.
- Admiralty eNP updates have been added to VOYAGER’s digital publication updating capability enabling vessels to get all the Admiralty digital updates they need with a single click.
- Advanced updating capabilities enable users of GNS’s VOYAGER PAYS service to tailor the updates they receive to their current areas of operation and minimise update file sizes and transmission costs.
- VOYAGER is now available as part of a comprehensive navigation system that can include SEALL ECDIS hardware, back of bridge PC and VOYAGER software, ENCs and other navigational data on a single monthly subscription that provides shipping companies with a simple to buy, very secure solution which helps to manage costs, compliance and provides protection against cyber security threats.
“We think users will love this release with its new updating options specifically designed for vessels using Pay as You Sail ENC services and the new integrated Witherby eBook reader” added Hayley van Leeuwen, GNS Director of Global Marketing and Product. “Combined with monthly subscription options that can include ENCs, digital publications, a dedicated VOYAGER PC and even ECDIS, it’s more affordable than ever.”
All existing VOYAGER users are eligible for a free upgrade to Voyager 7.2. VOYAGER’s new eNP updating service will be provided to VOYAGER digital publication update subscriptions free of charge.